- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Crown Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin envelope||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low calorie strawberry gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint (2 Cup)|
|Vanilla flavored yogurt||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.7 mg
Sodium 189.7 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 53 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 470.4%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dissolve strawberry-flavor gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl; stir in plain gelatin mixture; pour 1/2 cup into a 6-cup mold. Chill 15 minutes, or just until syrupy. Let remaining gelatin stand at room temperature to cool.
3. While gelatin in mold chills, set aside 12 strawberries for garnish, then hull remaining. Arrange 6 berries in a ring in gelatin in mold; spoon 2 tablespoons more gelatin mixture over berries.
4. Beat yogurt into cooled gelatin mixture in bowl; chill along with layer in mold just until syrupy and layer is sticky-firm.
5. Slice remaining hulled strawberries and fold into yogurt mixture; spoon over sticky-firm layer in mold. Chill several hours, or until firm.
6. When ready to serve, run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife around top of mold, then dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Cover mold with a serving plate; turn upside down, then gently lift off mold. Garnish with reserved whole strawberries.