- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Cream Squares Recipe
|Lemon cake mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Strawberry whipped dessert mix||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), washed, hulled, and sliced thin|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.7 mg
Sodium 275.4 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 124%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease 2 baking pans, 15x10x1, and line with wax paper, grease paper.
3) In a bowl, make cake batter with cake mix, eggs and water, as per the directions mentioned on the label.
4) Fold in the almond extract and transfer evenly into the baking pans.
5) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Allow to cool in the pan on the rack, for 5 minutes.
7) Using knife loosen the cake around the edges, turn out the cake on the rack.
8) Peel off the parchment paper, and invert on racks.
9) Allow to cool the cakes completely.
10) In a bowl, prepare whipped-dessert mix with milk and water, following label directions.
11) Lightly fold 1 cup strawberries in the whipped-dessert mixture.
12) Arrange 1 cake layer over a large cookie sheet or tray and smear the strawberry mixture over top.
13) Top with remaining cake layer.
14) Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until filling is set.
15) When ready to serve, in a medium bowl, beat cream until stiff.
16) Slice the cake crosswise into eighth and lengthwise into fifths.
17) Place a dollop of cream on top of each piece and garnish with remaining strawberry slices.