- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
|Strawberries||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (fresh)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Envelope of unflavored gelatine||1|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg
Sodium 131.1 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 75.5 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 441.3%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge.
4. Flute edge; prick pastry.
5. Bake at 450° till golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Cool on rack.
7. Reserve a few strawberries for garnish; set aside.
8. In large mixing bowl crush enough of the remaining strawberries to measure 1 1/4 cups crushed berries.
9. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon juice; let berry mixture stand 30 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, in small saucepan stir together 1/4 cup sugar and the gelatin.
11. Stir in the water; heat and stir till sugar and gelatin dissolve.
13. Stir the cooled gelatin mixture into the strawberry mixture.
14. Chill to the consistency of corn syrup, stirring occasionally.
15. Remove from refrigerator (gelatin mixture will continue to set).
16. Immediately begin beating egg whites till soft peaks form.
17. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form.
18. When gelatin is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites (partially set), fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
19. Beat whipping cream till soft peaks form.
20. Fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture.
21. Chill till mixture mounds when spooned.
22. Pile mixture into baked pastry shell.
23. Chill pie 8 hours or till firm.
24. Garnish with reserved strawberries.