- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Bread Pudding Recipe
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Brandy extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole grain bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed (4 or 5 slices)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1967 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 443 mg
Sodium 2629.9 mg109.6%
Total Carbohydrates 337 g112.5%
Dietary Fiber 43.9 g175.7%
Sugars 157.7 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 180.5%
Calcium 200.4% Iron 124.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Use vegetable spray over a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
3) In a pot, add skim milk and honey and scald.
4) Take off from heat, add in the butter and cool.
5) In a bowl, add eggs and beat.
6) Add into the milk along with extracts and beat.
7) Mix in the bread and strawberries.
8) In a bowl, beat egg whites till fluffy.
9) Add cream of tartar and whisk till stiff peaks are formed.
10) Gently fold into the other ingredients and transfer into the casserole.
11) In a pan, add hot water and then place the casserole in it.
12) Bake on middle shelf of oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
13) Serve warm or cold.
14) Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve.