- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Bavarian Cream Recipe
|Frozen sliced sweetened strawberries||20 Ounce (About 2 Cups, Two 10 Ounce Packages)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Envelope)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), chilled|
|Red food coloring||12 Drop|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
Calories 682 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.2%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg
Sodium 45.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 62.1 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 79.3%
Calcium 9% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Set out to thaw sweetened strawberries.
3. Meanwhile, pour cold water into a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin evenly over the water.
5. Let stand until the gelatin is softened. Dissolve completely by placing over very hot water.
6. When gelatin is dissolved, stir it and blend into a mixture of thawed strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and almond extract.
7. Stir until well blended. Chill in refrigerator or in pan of ice and water until gelatin mixture is sightly thicker than consistency of thick, unbeaten egg white. If mixture is placed over ice and water, stir frequently; if placed in refrigerator, stir occasionally.
8. Lightly oil mold with salad or cooking oil (not olive oil) and setaside to drain.
9. Meanwhile, using chilled bowl and beater, beat whipping cream about one half of cream at a time until of medium consistency (piles softly).
10. Combine the two portions of whipped cream.
11. Fold into whipped cream, 3 drops red food coloring at a time, until desired color is reached.
12. Fold whipped cream into slightly thickened strawberry mixture. Turn into prepared mold. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
13. Meanwhile, wash rotary beater and bowl and return to refrigerator to chill.
14. When Strawberry Bavarian Cream is firm, unmold.
15. Using chilled bowl and beater, beat whipping cream until cream stands in peaks when beater is slowly lifted upright.
16. Decorate top of Bavarian with whipped cream forced through pastry bag and No. 27 decorating tube for border and a No. 6 decorating tube for flower.