- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Banana Loaf Recipe
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mashed|
|Banana||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mashed|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 431.4 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Take a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add in oil, sugar, strawberries and bananas. Mix well.
4. In a second bowl, add flour, oats, baking powder, soda and salt. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into the wet mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices, apply butter or cream over them and serve. Or wrap and store.
Allow to ripen a day or two to improve flavor.