- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Banana Cream Recipe
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Nonfat dry milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||2 Medium|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1220 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.5 mg
Sodium 1142.5 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 219 g73.1%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.2%
Sugars 158.6 g
Protein 81 g162.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 225.1%
Calcium 267.3% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the top part of a double boiler, combine 1 1/2 cups of the skim milk and nonfat dry milk and beat well.
2) In a bowl, add bananas and lemon juice, and blend till smooth.
3) Add in the bananas mix into the top of the double boiler and beat well.
4) Add in the rest of the skim milk and cornstarch in a tightly covered jar and shake till well mixed.
5) Add to milk-banana mix and whisk and set over boiling water.
6) Keep stirring and allow the mix to cook till thick.
7) Remove from heat and add in the honey and vanilla and stir.
8) Add in the strawberries and chill till serving time.
9) Garnish with a banana round and half a strawberry and serve.