- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry and Lychee Sorbet Recipe
|Canned lychee in syrup||14 Ounce (1 Can, 425 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Pound, hulled (750 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1311 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 73.1 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 316 g105.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.7%
Sugars 243.4 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 678.4%
Calcium 11% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, strain the lychee juice and then halve the lychees and add the flesh to the pan.
2) Heat gently for about 5 minutes and then puree in a blender until smooth.
3) In a pan, gently heat the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Allow to boil and simmer for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep aside to cool.
4) Puree the hulled strawberries and the lemon juice in a blender, adding the cooled sugar syrup while blending. Sieve and stir into the lychees.
5) In a plastic container, pour the mixture and freeze for about 1 hour. Remove and beat the mixture, then freeze again until set.
6) Slightly soften the sorbet and serve in scoops.