- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Almond Cream Recipe
|Almond macaroons||3 Ounce (75 g)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Double cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 ml)|
|Castor sugar||6 Teaspoon (3 rounded teaspoons)|
|Soured cream||5 Fluid Ounce (125 ml)|
|Strawberry puree||1⁄2 Pint, sweetened (250 ml)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.6 mg
Sodium 58.8 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 0.24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, use 1 macaroon to crush finely. Cut the remaining macaroons.
2) Use a 1/2-litre (1 -pint) metal jelly mould, bombe mould or 1 5-cm (6-in) cake tin, to butter.
3) Place the crushed macaroon in the mould or tin and turn to coat all over.
4) In another bowl, whisk in double cream and sugar, until thick.
5) Add soured cream and whisk in by adding the chopped macaroons.
6) Spread the mixture into the tin.
7) Cover with foil, label and freeze inside the refrigerator to store for up to 2 months.
8) In a serving plate, invert the preparation by dipping the tin in hot water for just a second. Combine the strawberry puree and lemon juice in a jug and spread the mixture on top.
To use frozen, place the tin in the frozen food compartment of the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.