- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Alaska Recipe
|Sponge cake layer||1 (Round / Square, 7 Inches Across And 1 Inch Thick)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint, frozen hard (1 Block)|
|Fresh strawberries||3⁄4 Pound, crushed|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2178 Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.4%
Saturated Fat 33.8 g169.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 364.4 mg
Sodium 946.9 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 307.6 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C 338.2%
Calcium 78.3% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place sponge cake on a flat, oven-proof plate suitable for serving.
3. Sprinkle it with the rum.
4. Place the ice cream block in the center of the cake, and cover with the strawberries.
5. Beat the eggs white until very stiff.
6. Beat in half the sugar slowly so that the meringue remains stiff.
7. Fold in the rest of the sugar.
8. Pile the meringue mixture all over the fruit, ice cream and sponge cake, covering them completely, down to the plate.
9. Place the dessert in the oven immediatley and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the meringue is beginning to brown.
10. Serve immediately.