- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberries field to fork Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon (Plugra, European-Style)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 Cup Extra Required)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Marsala wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped to soft peaks|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Pound, hulled|
Calories 3118 Calories from Fat 1457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g254.2%
Saturated Fat 71 g355.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 954.4 mg
Sodium 1076.8 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 375 g125%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.1%
Sugars 214.7 g
Protein 30 g59%
Vitamin A 81.8% Vitamin C 446.7%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 54.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make cookie dough: Sift together flour, soda, salt, cream of tartar and nutmeg; set aside.
2. Beat butter and both sugars in mixing bowl until creamy on MEDIUM speed. Beat in egg, until thoroughly mixed. Beat in oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Stir flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture until just mixed.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle each with pinch of granulated sugar. Dip bottom of flat glass tumbler in granulated sugar; press cookies to make circles. Dip glass into sugar for each cookie.
4. Bake 10-12 min, until edges are lightly browned; cool on rack.
5. Make Spun Sugar: Mix sugar, corn syrup and water together in a heavyweight pot on MEDIUM-HIGH. Keep separate container of water and pastry brush on hand to wet down sides throughout process. Mixture must cook without stirring, but re-wet sides of pot if sugar crystalizes above level of mixture.
6. Place candy thermometer into pot. Bring contents to a boil, occasionally rinsing down the sides of the pot as noted above. When temp reaches 310 degrees, remove pot from stove; allow to cool 5 min.
7. Dip a tablespoon (not a measuring spoon) into the sugar syrup. Drizzle syrup onto parchment paper, creating an overlapping, interwoven "doodle" design for garnishing dessert. (Separate strands shatter more easily.) Make 6 "doodles" altogether.
8. Make zabaglione: Bring saucepan of water to boil.
9. Mix egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala in metal bowl that is larger than diameter of sauce pan. Place this bowl over pan of boiling water. Briskly whisk mixture 10-12 min until pale and frothy, and about doubled in volume.
10. Set bowl on counter to cool 20 min. Gently fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
11. Assemble dessert: In each of 6 single-serve dishes, layer strawberries and zabaglione. Garnish each with spun sugar and 2-3 sugar cookies.
Spun Sugar, Sugar Cookies and Zabaglione can each be made a day ahead then assemble before serving.
Please see video