- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry and Coconut Cream Shortcake Recipe Video
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the frosting)|
|Agave||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the frosting)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch (for the frosting)|
|Arrowroot||5 Teaspoon (for the frosting)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (for the frosting)|
|Coconut oil||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (for the frosting)|
|Egg||6 Medium (for shortcake)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for shortcake)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for shortcake)|
|Coconut flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for shortcake)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for shortcake)|
Calories 893 Calories from Fat 786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.1%
Saturated Fat 75.2 g375.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.2 mg93.1%
Sodium 568 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the frosting:
2. In a bowl, take coconut milk, agave nectar and salt. Mix it well.
3. Heat a pan. Add the above mixture and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, reduce flame to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
4. To make an arrowroot paste, in a bowl take water and arrowroot powder. Mix it well.
5. Add it to the heated mixture which is still on simmer. Once it bubbles, remove from heat.
6. Add coconut oil very gradually to the above mixture. Blend it.
7. Freeze this mixture in the refrigerator for 80 minutes or until the mixture is opaque white.
For the shortcake:
8. In a pan, melt coconut oil.
9. In a bowl, take melted coconut oil, agave nectar, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, coconut flour and baking soda. Mix this batter well.
10. Grease the shortcake pan with coconut oil and flour it with coconut flour.
11. Pour the batter into the mould and bake it in the oven for 14 to 16 minutes.
12. Take out the frosting from the refrigerator if it is done. Blend it till it is fluffy.
13. Cut the shortcakes into half.
14. Spread the frosting over both the halves.
15. Layer one half of the shortcake with cut strawberries and close it with the other half.
16. Spread the frosting over the top of this shortcake and top it with few more strawberries. Strawberry and Coconut Cream Shortcake is ready to serve.