- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberries And Cream Gelatin Salad Recipe
|Frozen sliced strawberries||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.5 mg
Sodium 197.2 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 50.8 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the strawberries and set aside, preserving the juice.
2) In a medium saucepan, bring 3/4 cup of the apple juice to boil; remove from heat.
3) Add gelatin, stirring until well dissolved.
4) Mix in the remaining apple juice and the reserved strawberry juice.
5) Chill until the mixture is partially set preferably of the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
6) Stir strawberries into the partially set gelatin.
7) Pour the mixture into a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan or a cold cut keeper.
8) Chill until partially firm (mixture appears set, but will flow if tipped).
9) Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice and set aside.
10) In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, unflavored gelatin, and 1/2-cup water.
11) Let it stand for 5 minutes to soften.
12) Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved.
13) Add in the reserved pineapple juice, sour cream, lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1/4-cup water.
14) Beat with a rotary beater until smooth.
15) Chill until partially set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
16) Stir pineapple into partially set gelatin.
17) Pour over the strawberry layer.
18) Chill for at least 6 hours or until firm.
19) Line 9 salad plates with lettuce leaves.
20) Cut the salad into squares; serve on plates.