- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stove Top Sushi Rice Recipe Video
|Sushi rice||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (Japanese sticky white rice)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sea salt||18 Gram|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 921.7 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a pot on heat, add unwashed rice, and water in it.
2. Bring it to boil over high heat. Do not put the lid on.
3. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
4. In a large bowl, put white cooked rice from the top of the pot, leaving out the burnt ones sticking at the bottom.
5. In a cup, add rice vinegar, salt, and brown sugar. Mix until sugar dissolves.
6. Under the fan, pour vinegar mixture in rice, and mix as shown in the video. Do not smash the rice while mixing.
7. Roll it with your favourite filling, cut into slices, and serve with spicy sauce.