- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stone Milled Flour Bread Recipe
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yeast||2 Tablespoon (Two Envelopes)|
|Scalded milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Allowed To Melt)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1143 Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g102.3%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.5%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg
Sodium 7965.1 mg331.9%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 123.7 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 53.7% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine ingredients:
3. Stir and cool till lukewarm.
4. Combine the two mixtures, then stir in 5 cups stone-milled flour.
5. Gradually work in 4 1/2-5 c. white flour.
6. Knead dough for 15 minutes.
7. Place dough in greased bowl and cover.
8. Let stand until double in size, in a warm place to rise.
9. When fully risen, punch down and divide dough into 4.
10. Place dough in greased pans, cover, and set in a warm place to rise.
11. When risen, bake at 425° for 15 minutes then 375° for 30-35 minutes.