- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Style Steak and Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe Video
|Broccoli||1 Medium, cut in to medium pieces|
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, cut in to medium pieces|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut in to long strips|
|Carrot||2 Medium, cut in long strips|
|Snap pea||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in to medium pieces|
|Mushroom||4 Medium, cut in to medium pieces|
|Assorted pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), bite size pieces|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Steak strip||1 Pound, cut into long strips|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Chili oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 1555.9 mg64.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.7%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 41 g81.6%
Vitamin A 121.4% Vitamin C 376.1%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 70.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok, heat some water, and put all the vegetables in it. Cover with lid and allow it to come to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until they become crisp and tender.
2. Drain extra water, rinse and keep it aside.
3. Heat the wok, put olive oil in it. Add ginger and garlic to it.
4. Pour chili oil and sizzle. Then insert meat pieces. Mix and cook until brown. Transfer it to a bowl.
5. In the wok pour some olive oil and chili oil. Add vegetables and toss.
6. Sprinkle soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper over vegetables. Stir over high heat.
7. Add oyster sauce to it. Mix and add meat piece.
8. In a glass, mix stock and corn starch together. Pour it in the pan. Mix well so that there is no lump. Cook for another minute.
9. Serve vegetable stir fry with hot rice.
Cutting down vegetables will make all of them cook at same time.
You may put vegetables one by one into the wok, depending on its hardness and cooking time.
You can use any kind of steak for the dish, but keep in mind that they are of good quality and boneless.
While cutting meat, keep it across the grain, for better taste.
If you have time you can marinate steak with soy sauce, corn starch, and rice wine or teriyaki sauce.