- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Turkey with Mixed Vegetables Recipe
|Turkey breast meat||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 2 1/2-by- 1/2-by-1/4-inch strips|
|Safflower oil/Peanut oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 Small, seeded, deribbed and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Pound (1 Cup)|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), with strings removed|
|Scallions||4 , trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|Sliced napa cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Chinese Cabbage)|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sesame sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted turkey stock/Unsalted chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.3 mg
Sodium 412.3 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 60.4% Vitamin C 173.7%
Calcium 11% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the marinade, in a medium size glass bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
2. Add the turkey strips, toss to coat with the marinade and set aside allowing the meat to marinate for 1/2 hour.
3. In a small glass bowl, mix the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, sesame oil and pepper. Stir to combine and keep the sauce aside.
4. In a Chinese wok or a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over a high flame.
5. When the oil is hot, add the marinated turkey strips into the wok. Use a metal spatula or a slotted spoon to stir fry the meat for 2 minutes until it turns white.
6. Transfer the turkey to a plate.
7. Returning the wok to the flame, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
8. Add the red pepper, broccoli, mushrooms and snow peas and stir fry them for 1 minute.
9. Further add the scallions and cabbage and stir fry the vegetables for another minute.
10. Pour in the prepared sauce and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
11. Finally add the turkey and cook till heated.
12. Empty the content of the wok to a serving dish and serve hot with noodles or steamed rice.