- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Squid Recipe Video
|Squid||2 Medium (tubes and tentacles)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Root ginger||2 1⁄2 Cubic Centimeter, peeled and finely crushed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Spring onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed, trimmed and chopped|
|Red pepper||2 Medium, washed, cored, deseeded and diced|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese five spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 83 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg5.4%
Sodium 638.2 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 44.6% Vitamin C 144.2%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil.
2) Stir fry the squid in the hot oil for about 40 seconds, till it is almost cooked. Remove and move to a plate.
3) To the oil in the pan or wok, add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
4) Keep the heat high and add the onion and pepper. Stir fry for another 3 minutes.
5) Add all the remaining ingredients and cook for about 3 minutes.
6) Put the squid back in with the other ingredients. Toss well.
7) Move the preparation to a decorative serving plate and serve right away, while the squid is still hot and crunchy.