- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir-fried Spicy Small Octopus (매운 낚지 볶음) Recipe Video
|Octopus||1 Pound (small octopus)|
|Mokpo octopus sauce||1 Packet|
|Red hot pepper||1 Small|
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.6 mg
Sodium 549.1 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 60.7% Vitamin C 63.9%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, place the octopus and using a sharp knife slice the octopus and remove the guts. Wash it well and set aside.
2. Transfer the washed octopus into a bowl and add flour and rub it well into the octopus to remove any dirt from the suckers. Once done, wash it thoroughly under cold water 5 - 6 times until cleaned.
3. In a pot on high, pour water and bring it to a rolling boil and add the washed octopus. Cook it for about 10 seconds and set aside.
4. On a chopping board, place the vegetables and using a sharp knife, slice the onion, carrot, red hot pepper and chop the green onions and cabbage. Once done, set them aside.
5. Place the boiled octopus and chop it into bite sized pieces and set aside.
6. In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil, add garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
7. Add in the onion, carrot and cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes on medium high.
8. Stir in the Mokpo Octopus Sauce and mix until well combined and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add the chopped boiled octopus and stir fry for about 5 minutes on high heat.
10. Add the green onion and red hot pepper. Mix well. Add sugar to taste and cook for another minute and switch off the gas and remove the pan from heat.
11. Serve the stir fried spicy octopus hot, garnished with some sesame seeds.