- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Pork With Green Beans And Baby Corn Recipe
|Pork tenderloin||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cornstarch||4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||7 1⁄3 Tablespoon, divided (1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Black bean sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned baby corn/1 can, 15 ounces whole baby corn, drained, rinsed and cut into 1 inch lengths||14 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 can, pre cut)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1439 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 221.1 mg
Sodium 3382.2 mg140.9%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.5%
Sugars 38.9 g
Protein 93 g185.5%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar and sesame oil in medium bowl; mix well. Add pork; toss to coat. Set aside to marinate 20 to 30 minutes. Combine remaining 3 teaspoons cornstarch and 1/3 cup water in small cup; set aside.
3. To prepare beans, snap off stem ends from beans, pulling strings down to remove if necessary. Cut beans diagonally into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beans; stir-fry about 4 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons water; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans from wok; set aside.
5. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and pork; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center. Add black bean sauce; stir-fry 1 minute.
6. Return beans to wok. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce thickens. Stir in baby corn; heat through.