- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fry Kosher Tilapia Fillets with Ginger Recipe Video
|Fish steak||1 Pound (cod, halibut, Tilapia - any whitefish)|
|Red cooking wine/Sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Sunflower oil||3 Tablespoon (or Safflower Oil)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 1050.1 mg43.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 0.86%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the fish into bite size pieces.
2. In a container, mix together the salt, wine, and 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
3. Add fish, cover with lid, shake to coat and let marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine egg white, and remaining cornstarch. Dip the fish pieces in the mixture and roll to coat well.
5. In a wok or skillet heat oil and then stir-fry the fish pieces until golden.
6. Add the ginger, soy sauce, sugar, and water. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the liquid is evaporated.
8. Garnish with green onion and serve on a bed of rice.