- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Greens with Turnips Recipe
|Spring greens||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Baby turnips||6 Ounce, sliced (175 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Pine nuts||1 1⁄2 Ounce, toasted (40 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1233 Calories from Fat 842
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.2%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 237.4 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 42.8 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 89%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim and shred the spring greens, discard the central stalk and place in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, keep under cold running water and dry with the absorbent kitchen paper.
2) In a small frying pan, saute the turnips in 1/2 of the oil for 5 minutes until golden.
3) Stir in the vinegar and stock, and cook covered over low heat for another 3 minutes.
4) In a large frying pan or wok, add and stir-fry the garlic, lemon rind, pine nuts and raisins in rest of the oil for another 5 minutes, or until the spring greens are soft.
5) Then stir in the turnips alongwith their juices and heat thoroughly.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate..