- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Ginger Shrimp Recipe
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, deveined|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||To Taste|
|Chinese pea pods||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), trimmed|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Canned water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Enriched rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1163 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 517.1 mg
Sodium 1359.6 mg56.7%
Total Carbohydrates 159 g53.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 85 g169.4%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 57.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the wine, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
2) Add the shrimp and cover the bowl.
3) Allow to marinate in the fridge for 60 minutes.
4) Drain the shrimp. Keep the marinade aside for future use.
5) In a wok or a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil.
6) Add the shrimp and stir-fry till the meat is pink. This usually takes about 2 minutes.
7) Remove the shrimp and set it aside.
8) To the wok or skillet, add the pea pods, pepper, water chestnuts and bamboo short.
9) Stir-fry till the pepper is tender-crisp. This takes about 3 minutes of cooking.
10) Add the shrimp and the reserved marinade and toss to combine. Heat thoroughly.
11) Serve hot. Serve each potion of Â½ cup of the rice.