- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Beef With Peppers And Snow Peas Recipe
|Flank steak||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat|
|Soy sauce||3 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , cut into strips|
|Snow peas||2 Ounce, tops and strings removed (1 Can)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 401.8 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 50.3%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a sharp knife held at a 45° angle, slice the steak into thin strips.
2. In a bowl, toss the strips with 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
3. Let it stand for 20 minutes.
4. Take a large, heavy skillet or wok and heat it over high heat for 30 seconds.
5. Add the oil and swirl it around to coat the surface of the pan evenly.
6. Go on heating until the oil just starts to smoke.
7. Now add the scallions, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry for about 20 seconds, until fragrant.
8. Add the beef and stir-fry for about 1 minute more, until lightly browned.
9. Next, add the pepper strips and snow peas and stir-fry for about 20 seconds, until the peppers wilt.
10. Add the oyster sauce and the remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce.
11. Stir and cook for about 1 minute, just until the meat is cooked through.
12. Serve hot with rice.