- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stir Fried Beef With Cashews And Mangetout Recipe
|Flash frying steak||12 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Walnut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Unsalted cashew nuts||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram Packet)|
|Mange-tout||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Green pepper/Red pepper||1 Large, cored, deseeded and cut lengthways into thin strips|
|Spring onions||4 , diagonally sliced into 1 1/4 inch lengths|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1920 Calories from Fat 1368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235.3%
Saturated Fat 33.6 g167.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.9 mg53.3%
Sodium 593.6 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 93 g185.5%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 376%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 84.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Freeze steaks in a plastic bag for about 1 hour until it is just frozen.
2. Cut the steaks into thin slices.
3. Place a wok or frying pan over the stove top and heat.
4. Into the wok or frying pan, add 2 tablespoons oil.
5. Heat oil over medium heat until it’s just hot.
6. Add the steaks to the wok and increase the heat to high.
7. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the steaks are browned on all sides.
8. Spoon out the steaks from the wok and keep in a bowl.
9. Season browned steak with garlic and 3 tablespoons teriyaki marinade; stir well to mix.
10. Let the steaks cool down.
11. To the wok, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat until it’s just hot.
12. Add the cashews and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
13. With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer the cashew onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
14. Turn on the stove and heat remaining oil in the wok.
15. Stir-fry vegetables in the wok for 2 minutes over high heat.
16. Add the seasoned steak back into the wok.
17. Pour the remaining teriyaki marinade and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
18. Add browned cashews and stir-fry for another 30 seconds until all the ingredients are heated thoroughly and mixed evenly.
19. Season with salt and pepper.
20. Serve immediately.