- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sticky Toffee Pudding Slices Recipe Video
|Dates||450 Gram, pitted and chopped|
|Dark brown sugar||450 Gram|
|Self raising flour||450 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|For toffee sauce|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄4 Deciliter|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 997 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.6 mg
Sodium 739 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 81.3 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 2 1/2/ 150 degrees C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and grease with butter. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, boil water and add in the dates. Shove until dates are cooked and water is reduced.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter.
4. Add in the eggs in 3 batches and mix well.
5. Stir in the self – raising flour and baking powder.
6. Add in the dates, walnuts and sultanas. Mix all the ingredients well.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
8. Take out the cake from the oven and remove the parchment and place back into the baking pan. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
9. For the sauce – in a saucepan, boil water and add in the icing sugar and double cream. Cook until everything is mixed thoroughly.
10. Pour the sauce over the cake and sprinkle walnuts over it, let it cool for some time.
11. Slice the cake and serve for dessert.