- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sticky Rice with Mango and Star Fruit Recipe
|Glutinous rice||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Thick coconut milk||3⁄4 Pint (425 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||3 Ounce (85 Grams)|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.7 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 75.7 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl of cold water, add rice and allow to soak overnight.
2. Using a muslin, line the steamer’s top. Drain soaked rice and add to the steamer. Steam, covered, for about 25 minutes till the rice becomes just tender.
3. Take a saucepan, add coconut milk, salt and sugar and heat mildly. Add steamed rice and simmer for about 2 minutes.
4. Take off from heat, cover the saucepan and allow to stand for about 15 minutes so that rice continues to cook.
5. Peel the mango, dispose the stone and cut flesh into slices. Cut star fruit as crossway slices.
6. Take serving dishes and arrange rice and fruit in an attractive way and serve.