- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sticky Medjool Date Ball Recipe Video
|Mejdool dates pitted||16|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans/Cashew/ walnut/ almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted, crushed|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
|Pistachios||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 3.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, place half of the dates and blend to get a paste like consistency. Repeat the process for the other half.
2. Add both batches back to the food processor and blend, slowly add butter and then the pecans.
3. In a bowl, place the date mixture, form 1 tablespoon sized balls, dredge each date ball in the toasted coconut or pistachios.
4. Place the date balls in the cupcake liners and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
5. Serve as a dessert or as a snack.