- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sticky Gingerbread Recipe
|Brown sugar||4 Ounce, firmly packed (2/3 Cup)|
|Golden syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (2/3 Cup)|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Warm milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||To Taste|
|Gouda cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 114.8 mg
Sodium 546.8 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 325°F.
2. Take a greased deep 8-inch square tin and line it with flour.
3. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar to make a creamy mixture. Then add eggs all at a time.
4. After beating the mixture properly, add the golden syrup.
5. Sift flour, salt, ginger and fold into creamed mixture along with sultanas.
6. In a pan, add milk and dissolve bicarbonate of soda in it. Now, stir in the cake mixture.
7. In a prepared cake tin, add the mixture and place in the oven for 1 1/2-2 hours.
8. After about 1 hour of baking reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
9. When gingerbread is cold slice them and spread unsalted butter.
10. Place a cheese slice on every bread piece and join together again. And wrap.
11. Take gingerbread to picnic unsliced and serve it like that. Allow people to add cheese themselves.