- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stewed Veal With Mushrooms Recipe
|Veal fillet/Stewing veal||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, trimmed|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Condensed mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dry cider||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Cornflour||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
Calories 703 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.2%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g105.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.7 mg
Sodium 1201.6 mg50.1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim off the excess fat from the veal and slice the meat into small pieces. Fry the meat in butter, but do not brown.
2. Take a saucepan and rub a garlic clove inside the saucepan to flavor. Place the meat in the saucepan.
3. Add mushrooms in hot butter and fry gently. Sprinkle the mushrooms on the veal.
4. Add paprika, mushroom soup, dry cider and seasoning. Bring it to boil, cover the lid and simmer gently for 1 ¼ to 1 1/2 hours.
5. Mix the corn flour with water and prepare thin paste. Add into gravy and re-boil to make the mixture more thick.
6. Season well and sprinkle chopped parsley on the top.
7. Serve with parsley potatoes, croquette and green peas.