- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stewed Squid Recipe
|Squid||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomatoes/Drained canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh tomatoes/Drained canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Frozen Or Dried)|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Frozen / Dried Canned)|
|Dry white wine||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264.2 mg
Sodium 544.9 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) From each quid, remove the tentacles. Set aside.
2) Turn the body section (mantle) inside out and rinse properly in order to remove all the grit. Return to the right side.
3) Cut the mantle neatly into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
4) Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan.
5) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© till the onion has turned translucent.
6) Add the mantle pieces and tentacles and cook, occasionally stirring, for about 10 minutes.
7) Add the basil, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
8) Bring the ingredients to a boil.
9) Reduce the heat, cover the pan and gently simmer for about 20 minutes, till the squid are fork-tender.
10) Add the wine, peas and parsley and stir well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
11) Serve hot.