- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stewed Plums Recipe
|Plums||3 Pound, washed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg
Sodium 13.9 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 73.1%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prick the each plum with toothpicks in 2 or 3 times.
2) In a slow cooker, place the plums.
3) Stream in the water to cover the plums by half.
4) Stir in the spices and lemon rind.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 3 to 4 hours until tender.
6) Stir in the sugar until melted.
7) Remove from heat and discard the spices.
8) Serve warm or cold with a dollop of sour cream.