- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stewed Fruit Recipe
|Fruits||1 Pound (Apples, Plums, Gooseberries, Rhubarb, Etc)|
|Sugar||3 Ounce (Depending On Sweetness Of Fruit)|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 0.75 g1.5%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 0.01%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and prepare fruit according to kind.
2. In a saucepan large enough so that the fruit will 2/3 fill the pan, add in sugar and water.
3. Allow the sugar to dissolve over a gentle heat, and boil for 3 mins.
4. Put in the prepared fruit and simmer gently with a lid on the saucepan until the fruit is soft.
5. Take individual serving dishes and pour the stewed fruits in them. Serve hot or cold, with custard or cream.