- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Raisin Pudding with Irish-Whisky Sauce Recipe
|Soft butter/Regular margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Suet||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Irish whisky||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.3 mg39.8%
Sodium 247.4 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 59.7 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the top of double boiler over hot water heat milk and raisins 20 minutes.
2. Remove top of double boiler from water and set aside 10 minutes, to cool.
3. Sift flour with baking powder, sugar, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
4. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, or with rotary beater, beat eggs until light.
5. At low speed, beat in crumbs until well mixed and beat in suet.
6. At low speed of electric mixer with wooden spoon, beat flour ingredients into egg mixture alternately with milk mixture, beating until well combined.
7. Turn into well-greased 2-quart pudding mold with tube and cover tightly.
8. In large kettle place on trivet add enough boiling water to come halfway up side of mold.
9. Steam the water in the kettle should be bubbling, kettle covered, 2 hours.
To make Irish-Whisky Sauce :
10. In top of double boiler, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter with sugar until light and creamy.
11. Beat in egg, cream and nutmeg and beat until mixture is fluffy.
12. Cook stirring occasionally, over hot, not boiling, water until mixture is thickened.
13. Remove from heat and gradually stir in whisky.
14. Remove pudding mold from water and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
15. With a knife, loosen pudding around edge and tube and turn out of mold.
16. Serve warm, with the sauce.