- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Christmas Pudding Recipe
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dates||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Chopped mixed peel||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Raisins||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Cashewnuts||55 Gram, weighing around 2 oz|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vanilla ice cream/Sweetened fresh cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), around 1 scoop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1845 Calories from Fat 760
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.9%
Saturated Fat 39.3 g196.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 572.5 mg
Sodium 824.5 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.2%
Sugars 159 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 47.3% Vitamin C 130.1%
Calcium 71.7% Iron 61.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the butter and powdered sugar very well.
3. Add the egg-yolks, one at a time and beat very well.
4. Mix all the dry fruits and peel. Sprinkle a little flour over them.
5. Add the fruit and peel mixtures, spices and vanilla essence to the pudding mixture.
6. Beat the egg-whites stiffly.
7. Add the egg-whites, bread crumbs and baking powder to the pudding mixture.
8. In a small vessel, mix 3 teaspoons of granulated sugar and 3 teaspoons of water. Melt until the liquid becomes dark brown and add to the pudding mixture.
9. Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter baking tin and spread the mixture in it. Cover and cook in a pressure cooker for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.