- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed White Sugar Sponge Cake ( Bak Tong Gou ) Recipe Video
|White sugar||75 Gram|
|Rice flour||100 Gram, sieved|
|Dry yeast||3 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 75.1 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 2% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a sauce pan, boil together sugar and 2 cups of water, when the water became a little luke warm, scoop out 2 tablespoons of water to stir the dried yeast, and set aside to form a layer of cloud.
2) Continue to heat the sugar water till it start boiling. Prepare the steamer.
3) In a big mixing bowl, add the rice flour, and pour in the hot sugary water while stirring, make sure its well mixed.
4) Let the mixture cool down enough so that it does not burn when you touch it.
5) Stir well and put the batter in an oiled cake tin.
6) Steam for about 25-30 minutes.
7) Once the cake is done, set it aside to cool completely.
8) Cut the cake into desired shape and serve.