- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Tofu Recipe
|Silken tofu||12 1⁄2 Ounce (1 box)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Spring onions stalks||3|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.69 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 111.6 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take out tofu block from container and drain.
2) Dice the shallots and garlic into fine cubes.
3) Finely chop the spring onions.
4) Now in oil,fry garlic and shallots in oil till they give a nice smell.
5) Let stand to cool and add oyster sauce.
6) Take a shallow, steam-proof dish, arrange tofu block on it.
7) Ladle oyster sauce mixture over tofu.
8) Arrange in a wok or bamboo steamer and steam till tofu is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
9) Scatter on top with spring onions and serve.