- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Sea Bass Recipe
|Chinese dried mushrooms||2|
|Sea bass||1 Pound, cleaned and scaled (1 Whole, 500 Gram)|
|Root ginger slice||2 , peeled|
|Cooked ham||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Bamboo shoots||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 1061 mg44.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl soak mushrooms in warm water for 10 minutes, then squeeze them dry and discard the stalks.
2. Prepare the fish by slashing both its sides diagonally to the depth of the bone with gaps of 1 cm / 1/2 inch.
3. On absorbent kitchen paper dry the sea bass and arrange on a plate.
4. Shred fresh root ginger, spring onions, cooked ham, bamboo shoots and the mushrooms thinly and arrange over the sea bass.
5. In a bowl mix sherry, soy sauce, sugar and salt and pour over the fish.
6. On the top of a steamer with simmering water place the fish on a plate and steam strongly for 15 minutes with cover.
7. Serve warm with optional garnish.