- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Rice With Chicken And Salted Fish Recipe
|Thai rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fragrant variety)|
|Chicken meat||1 3⁄4 Pound (800 gram)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Shaoxing rice wine||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Dried salted fish||2 Ounce (50 gram, Ham yu)|
|Chinese sausages||2 (lup cheong)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||8 Large|
|Choy sum/Bok choy||1 Pound (500 gram)|
|Coriander sprigs/Chinese parsley sprigs||4|
|Dark soy sauce||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 194.1 mg
Sodium 1770.4 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 56 g111%
Vitamin A 110.5% Vitamin C 92.7%
Calcium 17% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-soak dried mushrooms before slicing.
2) Thinly shred the Chinese sausages.
3) Rinse well and chop all other ingredients to a desired size.
4) Chop coriander and Chinese celery fine for using as garnish.
5) Cook rice to moist stage in rice cooker for 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add sesame oil, light soy sauce, pepper and shaoxing wine to it and allow to marinate well.
7) Toast the salted fish till it releases its small, then crush a little.
8) Only blanch the choy sum.
9) Make 4 large steam-proof bowls and put portions of semi-cooked, moist rice into each of them.
10) In each bowl, place on top equal portions of chicken, Chinese sausages and mushrooms.
11) Add a pinch of salted fish on top of rice mixture.
12) Take a large bamboo steamer, cover and steam in for half an hour.
13) Chicken is cooked when soft , but juices run clear.
14) Into each bowl,add portions of blanched choy sum and steam for 3 minutes, just before serving.
15) Scatter on topwith coriander and Chinese celery, and serve warm.