- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Steamed Lapu-Lapu Recipe Video
|Grouper fish||1 Medium, cleaned, scales removed, salted (Lapu-Lapu)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, cut into strips|
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon, either grated or thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1176 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419.6 mg
Sodium 606.4 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 221 g441.5%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 76.1%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 58.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stuff the fish with slices of lemon and 2 tbsp ginger strips then securely close the foil.
3. Place the foil with fish in a steamer and steam for 20 to 30 minutes (this will depend on the size of the fish)
4. While steaming, heat a saucepan and put-in the lemon juice.
5. Add the sugar and stir until it fully dissolves in the lemon juice.
6. Add water and bring to a boil.
7. Put-in the lemon zest and 1 tbsp ginger strips then simmer until sauce becomes somewhat thick
8. Remove the fish from the steamer and aluminum foil cover and place in a serving plate.
9. Pour over the sauce and garnish with cilantro
10. Serve hot. Share and enjoy.
Note: You may want to have some fish sauce by your side to compliment this dish.