- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Jam Pudding Recipe
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (To Mix)|
|Red jam||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Dessert Spoon)|
|For the sauce|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.2 mg
Sodium 587.6 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a 1-1 1/2 pint pudding basin with butter. Keep it aside.
2) In a square paper sift flour.
3) In a bowl cream butter and sugar lightly. Beat in lightly mixed egg, gently adding sieved flour and mix well.
4) Blend in remaining flour and h milk to mix into medium soft consistency.
5) In the pudding basin make a layer of red jam and spoon sponge mixture on top.
6) Cover with double thickness of greased greaseproof paper in a pleat and tie tightly. Secure with a cover of extra square of kitchen foil.
7) Steam for 1 hour. Discard papers.
8) Prepare jam sauce in a small saucepan with jam, sugar and water and boil till the sugar dissolves and it becomes into syrupy consistency.
9) Serve immediately with jam sauce.