- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Halibut With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
|Sweet red pepper||2 Large|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried whole oregano/1 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Halibut steaks||24 Ounce (4 pieces, 6 ounce each)|
|Red pepper sauce||2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.7 mg
Sodium 122.5 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 37 g74.4%
Vitamin A 48.2% Vitamin C 142.5%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an oven, broil the red peppers for a few minutes or until they blister. Turn them around a few times to cook evenly.
2) Transfer the roasted peppers into a paper bag. Allow it to rest this way for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Remove the peppers from the bag, slide their peel off and deseed them. Chop the peppers into medium-sized chunks.
4) In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and saute onions and garlic.
5) Into a blender, add in the sauted onions, pepper chunks, oregano, 2 tablespoons of broth and vinegar. Blend to form a smooth puree. Keep Aside.
6) In a deep dish, place the halibuts and sprinkle them with salt and pepper all over. Transfer the steaks into a vegetable steamer.
In a large Dutch Oven, add water to about 2 inches its height. Let the water come to a boil.
7) Place the vegetable steamer with the steaks inside the Dutch Oven over the boiling water.
8) Let it steam for about 12 minutes. To test if the fish is done, poke it with a fork. If the flakes come of easily, it is cooked through.
9) Serve the Steamed Halibut With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce on the side.