- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Green Or Red Cabbage Recipe
|Cabbage||1 Medium, cored and cut in thin wedges or 1" slices|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 512.7 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 76.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stock pot, cover cabbage with water.
2. Cover the pot and place on a medium flame.
3. Steam the cabbage for 20-25 minutes until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain well.
5. Return to the pot and add butter, salt, and pepper.
6. Reheat cabbage until warm tossing occasionally.
7. Serve the cabbage warm with barbecues, grilled meats or steaks.