- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Sole In Papers Recipe
|Chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Flaked coconut||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 1597.8 mg66.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Halve the sole fillets crosswise and rub with a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
2) Grind the coconut, onions, garlic, ginger and chili peppers together.
3) Blend the onion mixture with the flour and cream, mix thoroughly.
4) On an oiled 5 x 5-inch piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper, place a fillet half, spread with the onion mixture and cover with another fillet half.
5) Fold over the aluminum foil or parchment paper and seal the edges properly.
6) Place the fish packets on a rack in a shallow pan with some water, cover and steam for 25 minutes.
7) Serve the steamed fish immediately in the papers or foil.