- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Duck With Eight Wonders Recipe
|Glutinous rice||300 Gram|
|Mushrooms||2 Large, dried|
|Lotus seeds||50 Gram|
|Dried prawns||50 Gram|
|Shrimps||50 Gram, peeled|
|Ham||25 Gram, diced|
|Bamboo shoot||25 Gram, diced|
|Shallots/1/2 brown onion, sliced||3 , sliced|
|Ginger slice||1 , finely chopped|
|Dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Sauce||1 Teaspoon (1 Can)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, mixed|
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.5 mg
Sodium 707.7 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 78 g156.2%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot boil water and add duck into it. Boil for 10 minutes.
2) Remove from water, drain and pat dry.
3) In a bowl soak glutinous rice in cold water for 6 hours.
4) Drain in colander and keep in a perforated plate or rack covered with a kitchen cloth.
5) Steam rice over boiling water for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cold water on top and steam for further 10 minutes.
6) Keep aside and cool.
7) Transfer into a large bowl and break up with a fork.
8) In a bowl put boiling water along with mushrooms for 15 minutes. Remove the stems. Cut the caps into fine dice.
9) In a bowl put boiling water and soak lotus seeds for 15 minutes. Remove the skins.
10) Pick the dried prawns and remove hard skin. In a bowl put boiling water and soak prawns for 10 minutes.
11) In a skillet, simmer dried chestnuts until soft when pierced with a skewer.
12) Drain all these ingredients and keep aside.
13) In a pan heat oil and fry shallots and ginger gently for 2 minutes.
14) Stir in dried mushrooms, lotus seeds, dried prawns, chestnuts, fresh shrimps, ham, and bamboo shoot.
15) Stir the mixture carefully for sometime and then sprinkle soya sauce, wine, salt and sugar.
16) Cook for sometime and add steamed rice.
17) Mound rice stuffing into the duck and fasten securely with a skewer or string.
18) Baste the duck lightly with soya sauce.
19) In a large skillet, heat enough oil to hot to cover the duck. Gently put the duck in it and turning to brown on all sides.
20) Remove the duck and place in a bowl inside a steamer and cook for 2 hours.
21) To prepare the gravy, take out liquid that has accumulated from the duck during steaming.
22) Mix water to it to measure 3/4 cup liquid.
23) Put into a small pan with all other gravy ingredients except cornflour.
24) Simmer gently for 5 minute and thicken with cornflour mixture.
25) Place the duck in a large serving dish.
26) Pour gravy over the duck.
27) Garnish with lettuce, parsley and any other desired ingredients.