- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Creamed Smoked Fish In Pita Bread Recipe
|Smoked fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1 Quart, boiling|
|Sour cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Feta cheese||3 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Black greek olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted and chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.9 mg
Sodium 4314.2 mg179.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 60 g120.3%
Vitamin A 69% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak smoked fish in cold water for at least one hour, drain, and pat dry.
2) On a greased steamer, place the fish, and steam until done.
3) Remove fish, let it cool, and flake into pieces.
4) Combine flaked fish with the sour cream, lemon juice, dill weed, salt, feta cheese, olives, and celery and let it chill in refrigerator.
5) Warm pita bread, make pockets, stuff with the fish mixture, and serve.