- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Cranberry Pudding: Sweet World #8 Recipe Video
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted (For greasing)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 711 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.8 mg
Sodium 716.7 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 51.1 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needsteam pudding mould, pastry brush, spatula
1. Brush the inner sides of mould and lid with melted butter using a pastry brush.
2. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for pudding except cranberries and mix well.
3. Put the cranberries, fold lightly and pour this mixture carefully in the buttered mould and spread out evenly with a spatula.
4. Put the lid on and lock with the safety latches and cover the top with the foil.
5. In a large pot, place a rack or steamer basket, and place the mould on it. Pour the water around the mould until it reaches about half the length of the mould.
6. Place the pot on medium high heat and bring it to a boil.
7. Once it starts to boil, put the lid on the pot, reduce the heat to low and let it steam for 1.5 hours.
8. Before last 15 minutes of pudding, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan on medium high heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly until it thicken slightly for about 2 minutes.
9. Turn out the pudding on a large platter, dust with powdered sugar if desired.
10. Serve with pudding sauce on side.