- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Clams Recipe
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery tops||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut up|
|Green onions||2 Bunch (200 gm) (Whole Ones)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.9 mg16.3%
Sodium 868.3 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 49.4%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 98.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Toss the clams in some cornmeal, scrub them and rinse thoroughly.
2) In a large pot with a lid and a rack in the bottom to hold the clams at least 3 inches above the liquid, add the peppercorns, salt and sherry.
3) Then add enough water so that the liquid is just below the rack level.
4) Place the clams on rack and cover with the celery tops and green onions.
5) Tightly place the lid and steam over a high heat for 20 minutes, until
the clams are opened.
6) Lift out the Steamed Clams with tongs and serve immediately in bowls with lemon juice and butter.