- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Broccoli with Lemon Juice and Olive Oil Recipe
|Broccoli||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 422.4 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 183.5%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the broccoli properly and trim it. In case the stalks are too large, split them lengthwise into 2 or 3 pieces.
2) In a vegetable steamer over boiling water, place the broccoli and steam till it is just about tendered. This takes about 7 minutes.
3) Remove broccoli from the heat. Put it in a warm serving bowl.
4) Sprinkle with pepper, salt, lemon juice and olive oil.
5) Serve immedaitely with lemon wedges as garnish if preferred.