- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steamed Asparagus with Orange Butter Recipe
|Grand marnier||1 Tablespoon|
|Champagne/White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1072 Calories from Fat 863
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.1%
Saturated Fat 61.9 g309.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258 mg
Sodium 22.3 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.4%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 135.7% Vitamin C 161.6%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 54.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the asparagus by snapping off the tough ends of each stalk and peel the stems, if thick.
2) Steam using a colander or steamer until just cooked through for about 4 to 5 minutes.
3) Squeeze the orange and strain to separate the pulp and juice ,reserve both.
4) In a saucepan, combine orange juice, Grand Marnier, and vinegar and cook over moderate heat, reduce the mixture to about 2 tablespoons.
5) Remove the remaining mixture from heat and whisk the butter into the liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, until well blended and the mixture is thick and creamy.
6) Do not reheat as the butter will melt. in case the mixture becomes too thick in consistency, or if the butter takes time to soften a bit, hold the pan over simmering water in order to warm slightly.
7) Now add the orange pulp,give a good stir and spoon the butter over the hot asparagus.
8) Serve immediately.